MEXICO RANKS EIGHTH WORLDWIDE
IN INTERNATIONAL TOURISM
- • 1.5 million Americans have invested in second homes in Mexico. This number is expected to continue rising and soar to 12 million within the next 20 years as more baby boomers retire.
- • Riviera Maya is considered one of the fastest growing tourist destinations over the last decade.
- • Riviera Maya offers a great variety of high quality services.
- • The Riviera Maya is one of the best-linked destinations in the country. Highway 307 connects the city of Cancun, situated in the north, to Chetumal the state capital of Quintana Roo, situated in the south. To arrive by boat, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel and Puerto Morelos have docks where cruise liners offer services to various Caribbean cities. There are also ferry services to Cozumel Island. For air travel, the Cancun International Airport offers direct flights from and to cities around the world as well as the Cozumel International Airport and soon to the Tulum International Airport.
- • One of the main lures of the Mayan Riviera is its wealth of archaeological treasures which date back to the distinct eras of the Mayan culture.